- Volunteer Opportunities / Responsibilities: Gallery Volunteers - Gallery Volunteers are needed for daytime, evening and weekend shifts during Gallery Hours: Wednesday & Thursday 12:00 – 4:00 pm, Friday 12:00 – 8:00 pm, and Saturday & Sunday 12:00 – 4:00 pm and for Special Events. Gallery Volunteers receive training and earn tuition credit toward taking art classes at VisArts, or High School Students may earn volunteer service SSL approved hours.
Gallery Guides - Gallery Guides volunteer to lead tours and have casual conversations with visitors about the artwork in our four galleries and seven artist studios. Gallery guides commit to a regular two-hour shift every week for a period of about three to four months, with the potential for extension. Potential volunteers must apply and complete three training sessions before giving tours. Applications are open for the spring, summer, and fall semesters. This is open to all adults, ages 18+.
Gallery Hours: Wednesday & Thursday 12:00 – 4:00 pm, Friday 12:00 – 8:00 pm, and Saturday & Sunday 12:00 – 4:00 pm.
Camp Volunteers/Interns - Do you like working with children, and art? Then volunteering at a VisArts Art Camp might be a perfect fit and a great way to earn SSL hours.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old, or entering high school. Summer camp volunteers must commit to at least one two-week session and hours. Hours are 7:45 am – 3:30 pm.
Some Summer Camp volunteer sessions will fill up, so please submit your application as soon as possible. All applicants will be interviewed by the Camp Director or Assistant Director and interviews will begin May 1st and continue until positions are filled.
Office Volunteers/Interns - Looking to earn SSL hours or gain work experience? Come and volunteer at VisArts after school!
• currently in high school or high school graduate
• able to work for at least a semester or 4 continuous months
• Minimum of two days a week
• Summer season: Minimum of 4 consecutive weeks, Monday – Friday, 6 hours a day
- Types of Volunteers Needed: individual/adult; individual/college; individual/high school; adult groups of less than 5
- Hours Needed: business hours during the week; evenings during the week; daytime on the weekend