- Volunteer Opportunities / Responsibilities: There are several volunteer opportunities in the new Inspired Teaching Certification Program. Prospective volunteers will first meet with the program’s Inspired Teaching Fellows and Inspired Teaching staff to coordinate and establish a customized volunteer program. Volunteers will be able to work on the following types of projects with an Inspired Teaching Fellow and their students:
• Parent Night: Volunteers will assist the Fellow and school to plan, organize, and implement an engaging Parent Night for the school’s community.
• Tutoring: Volunteers will assist students in the Fellow’s classrooms with one-on-one tutoring in math, science, reading, and other content areas for which students seek support.
• Career Day: Volunteers will assist the Fellow and school plan, organize, and implement an engaging Career Day that coincides with International Career Day on March 26, 2010.
• Student Exhibitions: Volunteers will assist the Fellow and school plan, organize, and implement student exhibitions to celebrate students’ work and achievements for the school year.
Inspired Teaching also seeks volunteers who can support the organization with expertise in strategic planning, marketing and communications, computer technology, and fundraising.
- Types of Volunteers Needed: individual/adult; adult groups of less than 5; adult groups of 6 or more, including corporate teams
- Hours Needed: business hours during the week