Saturday, May 4, 2013
This Park-wide FREE public festival celebrates the opening of the historic Dentzel carousel for the 2013 season and offers day-long activities for families. The event features many free activities including magic shows, dance performances, exhibitions, open studios, craft activities, National Park Service tours, face painting, and much more.
- When: Saturday, May 4, 2013 (9:00 AM - 6:00 PM)
- Where: Glen Echo Park, 7300 MacArthur Blvd, Glen Echo, MD 20812 map
- Volunteer Info: We need volunteers (age 13 and older) to help supervise and direct the many activities. Volunteer opportunities are available between 9 am – 6 pm. You can choose what you would like to do: Be a face painter! (13 yrs and older) Supervise the T-Ball Extreme game (15 years and older) Organize the face painting line (13 yrs and older) Supervise the hula hoop play circle (13 yrs and older) Supervise the carousel line (16 yrs and older) Help children create art projects (13 yrs and older) Manage one of the performance stages (16 yrs and older) Help with parking (must be at least 18 years old) Help with set-up and clean-up (15 yrs and older) These are just a few of the volunteer opportunities, and all of the jobs are rewarding. Family Day also provides a great opportunity for students to earn community service hours!
- Contact: Donna Barker, (301) 634-2231
- For more information: click here