Wednesday, August 28, 2013
The Anacostia Watershed Society is working to restore a wetland along the Anacostia River called Kingman Marsh. Wetlands do great things for our river -- they provide habitat for native wildlife, help filter toxins from river water, and act like a sponge to prevent flooding. We need your help to ensure to restore Kingman Marsh! No previous training or skills are required. All tools and supplies needed (including boots and waders) will be provided. Please note that the work will be muddy and volunteers will be asked to wear waders for the entire event. Bending, lifting, digging, and walking fair distances will be required. If this will be an issue, please consider joining us for another event. Contact Maddie Koenig at 301-699-6204 ext. 109 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
- When: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM)
- Where: Driving Range of Langston Golf Course, Benning Rd. NE, Washington, DC 20002 map
- Volunteer Info: See above.
- Contact: Madeline Koenig, (301) 699-6204 ext 109
- For more information: click here