Sunday, September 29, 2013
Register now to Join Boston Marathon runners and a local Junior Olympiad recordholder for the Teddy Bear 5K and 1K Walk/Run on the W&OD Trail starting in the heart of Falls Church, VA. All participants will receive T-Shirts and great prizes will be awarded the top three male and female runners in 8 age categories, plus best overall male, female and Stroller-Runner. Bring your Teddy Bear or favorite stuffed friend to be admitted to a tea party after the race. Online Registration thru Sept. 26 at www.safetyandhealthfoundation.org/TeddyBear. Proceeds benefit the Falls Church-McLean Children's Center, a high-quality early childhood education program serving all children, regardless of their family's financial resources.
- When: Sunday, September 29, 2013 (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM)
- Where: W&OD Trail, 400 N. Oak St., Falls Church, Virginia 22043 map
- Fee: 5K thru Sept. 26, $30; 1K thru Sept. 26, $15.
- Volunteer Info: Volunteers welcome to assist along the trail, giving out water to runners.
- Contact: Renee Boyle, (703) 534-4907
- For more information: click here