Saturday, May 16, 2015
Children’s Chorus of Washington (CCW) is pleased to announce its Spring Concert, Vive la France!, featuring CCW’s five award-winning choral ensembles and guest artist Lauren Cook, accordion. With Vive la France!, CCW continues its French-themed season in anticipation of its tour to France this summer. CCW’s performing ensembles, comprised of 160 choristers ages 9-18, will present a celebration of French music, language, and culture. Audience members will be treated to a wide range of choral styles from Edith Piaf’s beloved “La Vie en Rose,” to Cole Porter’s “I Love Paris,” along with the more contemporary “Dirait-on” from Morten Lauridsen’s Les Chansons des Roses, and a selection of songs in French and English. Joan Gregoryk, Founder and Artistic Director said, “It has been a wonderful experience to research and discover all the glorious French choral music that has been written for children’s voices. We are so looking forward to sharing these songs with audiences here, and on our tour to France this summer. This concert is suitable for ages 6 and up!
- When: Saturday, May 16, 2015 (4:00 PM - 5:30 PM)
- Where: National City Christian Church, 5 Thomas Circle NW, Washington, DC 20005 map
- Fee: $50 premium seating; $25 adults ($30 at the door); $10 children 12 and under ($12 at the door); $15 for CCW alumni
- Contact: Children's Chorus of Washington, (202) 237-1005
- For more information: click here