Good morning, Catalogue friends! We are looking forward to our 10th anniversary and launch event, coming up on December 3.
So to start celebrating both that anniversary and our network of awesome local nonprofits, we’ll be counting down the 10 weeks to December 3 right here — and chatting a bit about several “Catalogue Milestones” from each year, each week.
Let’s start from the beginning: 2003, the first year of the Catalogue …
- The 1st print Catalogue for Philanthropy, focused on DC charities, is mailed to 30,000 high net worth individuals in the greater Washington region
- The 1st Catalogue engages 20 reviewers and 3 community partners: Harman, Meyer, and Cafritz Foundations
- 250 people celebrate the launch of the 1st Catalogue at Shakespeare Theatre Lansburgh Theatre
- The Catalogue team includes 2 staff members; 1 corporate sponsor supports the Catalogue
We’d also like to give an extra shout-out to the two nonprofits that both appeared in the 1st Catalogue and will appear in the 10th:
- Dance Place: “is a hub of activity where a 40-week presenting season, a bustling dance school, and a neighborhood cultural center thrive on each others’ energy.”
- Healthy Babies Project: ” aims to reduce the rates of infant death and low birth weight and provide comprehensive and structured health, prenatal, and childbirth education services.”