When we last checked, today’s weather forecast called for rain with a 100% chance of “#WhatsupWednesday”…so, who are we to prove the weatherman wrong? Check out the video below to see all of the great things Catalogue for Philanthropy nonprofits are up to this week.
Some highlights from the video:
- Today, young men from Free Minds Book Club & Writing Workshop appeared at a DC City Council meeting to voice their full support for the Youth Offender Accountability and Rehabilitation Act. The actual legislation can be found here, and information on what it all means can be found here.
- Senior Services of Alexandria and Alexandria’s Division of Aging and Adult Services participated in an event at the Watergate at Landmark, a community where nearly 60% of residents are seniors. Senior Services gave an overview of its programs and services they offer to Alexandria’s seniors.
- The Literacy Lab kicked off their new social media campaign! You can find their Facebook page here to learn more.
- Students at DC SCORES began to practice reading their original poetry aloud!
- Arlington-Alexandria Coalition for the Homeless (new ’14-’15 charity)began recruiting a new class of participants for their next 8-week Microbusiness Academy session starting in mid-January. Know someone who wants to see if entrepreneurship is right for them? Contact AACH!
- Joseph’s House welcomed the entire Washington AIDS Partnership AmeriCorps Team for their “fifth day” service project to help with decorations for a “Frozen Halloween.” Next week they will join others in their neighborhood to welcome hundreds of local youth to Lanier Place for trick-or-treating.
- Carpenter’s Shelter introduced its newest giving circle for Young Philanthropists! Find more details here.
Congrats on another great week! T-Minus 9 days until the release of the 2014-2015 Catalogue!